Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

Default How to remove old black lino tile backing from pine floor before sanding?

On Jun 9, 9:03 pm, "
wrote:
I've tried cold scraping, hot water....too messy, think it cools too
quickly,have to keep wiping up. hair dryer, last night tried steam
iron held just above pitchy stuff, sometimes it worked and I was able
to peel a liitle off down to floor boards but mostly some top layer
moved but then I'm left with lower layer still.
So far it looks unbeatable, then I thought maybe I'm not the only one,
so I'm hoping someone has already solved the problem in a manageable
way and can offer advice.
I understand the sanding man won't touch it as it gums up his brushes/
sander.
Hoping
Robyn

To get up carpet glue on old wood floors, I use a rug shampoor. I set
the bristles all the way out, load the canister with hot water and
soap, and take my time. You can control the wetness eaily and you
have powered bristles so you don't kill yourself. Don't know if it
will work on your type of glue but it might be worth a try.