Posted to alt.home.repair
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default Replacing window that is next to meter

I need to replace a window that is right next to the power meter for my
house. The meter is about 18 to 24" away from the window.

Is there something that I need to make sure of before removing the window or
cutting into the siding? Is the meter mounted on something that would
otherwise prevent me from cutting the siding? Should I contact the power
company before doing this in the off chance I hit the cables? Or, is this
no big deal and I can effectively treat the meter like I would an external
outlet?