Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Oil in the nail gun

In article .com,
wrote:

Does anyone know why my instructions ask me to put oil in my Porter-
Cable nail gun once per session?

Is it helping to lubricate the nails as they go into the wood? Is it
helping to lubricate the inner workings of the gun?

What happens if I don't put oil in? Does it result in premature
wearing of the tool?

Thanks,
Tim

Is this pneumatic or electric? Most pneumatic tools like to be oiled.
Some people put oilers in their air lines to avoid having to oil each
tool individually. But don't worry too much about it. Running the tool
without oil is no worse than running your car without oil.