Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] olivier.scalbert@algosyn.com is offline

Default audio taper potentiometer

On Jun 9, 7:47 pm, "mc" wrote:
Is there a manufacturer's name on the potentiometer? If so, Google for it,
and find a distributor.

Let me suggest another approach. Add a 27k or 47k resistor from the wiper
(middle contact) of the potentiometer to the low end of the potentiometer.
This is a very old trick for making a linear potentiometer behave more like
an audio taper. It's not perfect, but it may achieve what you want.

Also, write to the people atwww.vibroworld.com
and see what they know.

And look athttp://www.ctscorp.com/components/potentiometers.htm
which is probably the manufacturer. If you can identify the part you want,
they can probably tell you where you can buy it in small quantities.

Hi MC,

Cool, I think it is a CTS Corp Series 296. I will contact them. Thanks
very much.
Olivier