Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Is A SawStop Table Saw Worth the Money

"Brian Henderson" wrote in message
The cause of just about every tablesaw injury is user error,
using it while tired or impaired, not practicing sensible safety
precautions, making dangerous cuts, not waiting until the saw blade
has stopped, etc. *ALL* of these are completely avoidable. You'll
never need the SawStop if you never put your fingers into the blade,
as an overwhelming majority of woodworkers manage never to do.

Yes, they are all preventable. The real problem is human error. Aside from
you, the rest of us have made errors at times with varying consequences. I
certainly try my best to avoid accidents with tools, but if it does happen,
it would be nice to be able to have a method of making it less serious. We
have a choice available. We have the freedom to decide if we want to buy
that equipment.

Eye protection, hearing protection, its all a choice in a home shop.