Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikepier Mikepier is offline

Default When Replacement of Wall A/C Unit is Needed ?

On Jun 8, 8:01 pm, Meat Plow wrote:
On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 23:02:12 +0000, Vince wrote:

I have two wall A/C units; one is a (CARRIER) 1992 installation and
the other is a (FRIEDRICH) 2000 installation. Neither unit has ever
been serviced.

Come the time that a unit needs to be replaced, are replacement units
a standard size ? I am concerned about what will be necessary to
ensure that the replacement unit fits the existing hole.

Measure it then go shopping.

#1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
#1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
#1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
#10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
#8 AUK Hate Machine Cog
COOSN-266-06-25794

Most wall sleeves are a standard size. Take the measurment of the
sleeve and look online at a maufacturer's website and they'll give you
the spec sizes for the a/c. Don't forget the depth of the sleeve also.
Most of the time Friedrich will fit any standard sleeve. So should
Carrier. I just replaced 2 old Fedders a/c's in my father's condo with
2 new Friedrich a/c's and they fit perfect.