Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default More government stupidity.

On 2007-06-09 15:08:12 +0100, Adrian said:

John Rumm ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying :

The bureaucratic idiot in the PO has *very* strict rules to follow,
as laid down by DVLA. DVLA have ruled that a home printed pdf
certificate of insurance is *not* acceptable as proof of insurance.
The problem, of course, is spotting them, so we don't :-)

When I used to get insurance certificates from a broker, they were
"home printed" by them. How do the DVLA suppose you are going to
differentiate between a cert printed on my Laserjet 2200DN and one
printed on my brokers?

In the case of most of the insurance certificates I've got here, the
watermark is a damn good clue - and is firmly pointed-to by the certificate
stating in big letters that without the watermark it's not genuine...

Hangover from a bygone era.....

OTOH, I taxed a car last night despite not having received the paperwork
for the insurance (renewed last week) or the MOT it passed on Thursday.
Very easy. Reg no, Doc ref off V5, debit card. Quicker than walking to the
PO - who don't like you having a glass of wine whilst in the queue, either.

Hmm... must try that.