Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alan Alan is offline

Default Strange Insurance Ruling

In message , Peter
Crosland wrote

Why do you want to reduce the sum insured to £181,000 when they are happy to
offer cover for up to £500,000? I can see no benefit to you whatsoever. It
is a standard principle of insurance that the sum insured is a cap beyond
which cover will not be paid for.

I'm just looking around for new insurance after receiving a Tesco
renewal quote that's over £100 more than last year (approx 40% increase
on buildings and contents).

Quite a few insurance companies seem to be doing on-line offers for
rebuilding at a standard £1million - they don't want to know about the
actual rebuilding cost.

So far all the alternative quotes I've had are around £150 cheaper than
Tesco.

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com