Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graeme Graeme is offline

Default More government stupidity.

In message , John
Rumm writes
Graeme wrote:
In message , Andy Hall writes

If some bureaucratic idiot in a post office wants to play funny buggers

The bureaucratic idiot in the PO has *very* strict rules to follow,
as laid down by DVLA. DVLA have ruled that a home printed pdf
certificate of insurance is *not* acceptable as proof of insurance.
The problem, of course, is spotting them, so we don't :-)

When I used to get insurance certificates from a broker, they were
"home printed" by them. How do the DVLA suppose you are going to
differentiate between a cert printed on my Laserjet 2200DN and one
printed on my brokers?

You tell me. I'll accept whatever looks like a Certificate.
--
Graeme