Posted to cam.misc,uk.d-i-y
Jules Jules is offline

Default More government stupidity.

On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 13:27:50 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I recieve a notice to relicense my car.

Its off road and has been for two years. So its a zero cost SORN..

I think I've always just ticked a box on the form they sent me and
returned it back to them via a post box, which in light of your
experiences sounds a damn sight easier!

"Sorry, we don't have a record of that reference number"

I seem to recall my folks having horrible troubles [1] a while back
because the reference number required by the DVLA didn't match anything on
the V11 - in the end it required talking to a human being at DVLA, who
took the (much shorter) reference which *was* on the form, but didn't have
any explanation for why the online / automated systems didn't tie up with
their paper forms.

[1] OK, so that's a slight exaggeration. But you'd think that if any gov't
entity is going to introduce public-driven procedures, then the data
expected would at least match the data provided!