Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default A water meter fiddle?

Mary Fisher wrote:
"John Rumm" wrote in message

I'm not. We don't have dripping taps. We try not to waste anything.

Does your toilet not have a cistern? What about the cold water cistern in
your loft? These will all require very low flow rates at some point in
their operation - so they must by implication be at least partially filled
with unmetered water.

Our plumbing is well maintained and monitored. There is no unregistered
water.

Nothing to do with your plumbing. The OP pointed out that the meter
itself will not register low flow rates. I bet your meter has not been
"maintained" since it was installed.

Your well maintained plumbing has float valves. Float valves will use a
low flow rate for a period of time near to the cistern being full. The
inescapable conclusion?

--
Cheers,

John.