Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graeme Graeme is offline

Default More government stupidity.

In message , John
Rumm writes
Graeme wrote:

educationally challenged? Is it fair to assume that everyone should be
fully aware of *all* of the requirements of every form obsessed
organisation that they need to deal with?

Absolutely not, which is why I said that I am very happy to help anyone
who is not quite clear on how to complete a form, which documents are
required, etc. That, as I see it, is part of the role of the sub
postmaster.

Never wrong, always loud, nothing is *ever* his (or her) fault.

Yup, I sympathise with you on that. However you meet this type of
person in all walks of life. On occasion I have met them sitting behind
the glass in a post office.

Grin Yes, that I can believe.

A final thought - POs *want* to issue MVLS, believe me. Desperately.
When your application is rejected at the PO counter, it hurts the sub
postmaster more than it hurts the applicant.

So the easier you can make the process then the better it is for you
and your customers. Online checking of MoT and insurance docs plus
payment by CC would solve a good many problems for both of you.

Agreed - but such things are not within the power of the local PO. Yes,
I'll bend over backwards to help anyone, with any type of transaction,
but I cannot act outwith the rules, not because I'm a slavish follower
of such things, but because I run the very real risk of having my
contract terminated.
--
Graeme