Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default A water meter fiddle?

On Sat, 9 Jun 2007 09:03:23 UTC, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

Quick write to the daily mail!

I'll leave that to you. We don't read newspapers.

That may be so, but you fit the rather annoying profile of one who
writes to it. I find your use of terms such as 'disgusting' in this
context not only annoying but also inappropriate, but it does fit the
model.

Minor point, but what was being discussed here was a thought experiment,
not a real practical one. Are you outraged at thought crime now? There is
nothing immoral about thinking through or debating the possible outcomes
and implications of various actions, even if would be immoral to actually
carry them out.

Some of us think that there is.

Shades of 1984.

So if you have a water meter fitted, you now know that it is allowing you
un-metered water under certain flow rate conditions. So *you* are also
guilty of this same crime as the OP. Are you suitably disgusted with your
own behaviour?

That's a very silly argument.

Not unless you take steps to mitigate the effect of depriving the water
company of income.

http://www.diybanter.com