Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default More government stupidity.

On 2007-06-09 09:44:55 +0100, Mike Clarke said:

Graeme wrote:

then there are the real bottom of the barrel
jobs who bring in a faxed copy, or a photocopy.

It puzzles me why they insist on originals of insurance certificates these
days. They're invariably just printouts from laser printers, a good
photocopy would be virtually identical.

It is identical.

I renewed my insurance with an on line supplier. The certificate is
emailed as a PDF and does meet the legal requirements when printed.

If some bureaucratic idiot in a post office wants to play funny buggers
because he lives in a culture of paper pushing, that's his problem and
all the more reason not to use the post office.