Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] zikkimalambo@connectfree.co.uk is offline

Default A water meter fiddle?

On 8 Jun, 18:37, "Julian" wrote:
"Clive George" wrote in message

"Julian" wrote in message

Your "2 cistern" proposal would break the law by deliberately
contriving to cause
the meter to read incorrectly:

Now that I am aware that I (aided and abetted by a friend's horse) have
pinched water IAW the following:

(2) No water fitting shall be installed, connected, arranged or used
in such a manner that it causes or is likely to cause-

(i) waste, misuse, undue consumption or contamination of water
supplied by a water undertaker; or

(ii) the erroneous measurement of water supplied by a water
undertaker.

I wonder what you suggest I should do. We actually have about 5 troughs
on the property and they all are only likely to ever fill at a slow rate
due to horse's drinking habits. If you wish to draft a letter of enquiry
for me I'll gladly forward it to United Ut's.

The difference is you can't demonstrate intent with what you've got at the
moment - mostly because there wasn't any. If you have a 2-cistern solution
for no apparent reason other than to ensure you get water as slow as
possible, that shows intent.

That would be a difference, but in this instance I'm fully aware that I am
drawing water from UU's system without paying for it and that must change
things. Ie No water fitting shall be installed, (I have several) & cause
the erroneous measurement of water supplied by a water undertaker.(which I
have proven to take place) So, my question remains - what action do I now
need to take?

I beleive some or all water co's have a tarrif for unmetered feeds to
horsetroughs. Perhaps you should enquire of them whether you should
be paying for 5 of these!