Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] unknown@why.com is offline

Default Permit for Suspended / Drop Ceiling?

On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 00:02:21 GMT, "Art"
wrote:

My builder had to have it inspected and it was rejected until he added
hangers to hold it in case of earthquake. This is in central NC. I don't
believe there has ever been an earthquake here.

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

" wrote in message
oups.com...
Typically, is a permit required in order to install a suspended (aka
drop) ceiling (i.e. in a basement)?

Why would anyone care? Why would anyone consider a permit for something
like that?

OTOH, if you are concerned. send me your check for $25 , payable to Mr.
CASH, and I'll send you an authentic permit.

Just think of the pain, suffering and deaths that would occur if those
half pound (mostly styrofoam) tiles fell on you and others......