Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] unknown@why.com is offline

Default Permit for Suspended / Drop Ceiling?

On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 18:18:02 -0000, "
wrote:

Typically, is a permit required in order to install a suspended (aka
drop) ceiling (i.e. in a basement)?

Thanks,
Kevin

The government will sell a permit to anyone for anything if you let
them. It's pure profit for them. I believe in the "Dont Ask, Dont
Tell" policy. They dont know everything that exists in every home in
their city. Of course this all depends on where you live too. I live
in a rural area and we only need permits for major consruction, such
as a new home, large home additon, garage, barn, etc. We dont need
them for a small deck or porch, small garden shed, and definately not
to replace or change a ceiling. Now if you live in the "communist"
state of CA, you better get a permit everytime you walk the dog or
change a faucet washer.....
Once you go to their office, they surely will see dollar signs flash
in front of their face and will find some excuse to sell you a permit.