Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Is A SawStop Table Saw Worth the Money

Brian Henderson wrote:

...Accidents don't just magically happen, they are a failure on some level of the
operator or the equipment.

There's one nugget w/ which I agree. Of course, I had to take it out of
context to _fully_ agree, but, hey, you take what you can get...

I said I wasn't going to add more, but hadn't seen this response at the
time and this was too good an opportunity to waste...

BUT, the above truism said, your emphasis would say the punchpress the
previous respondent talked about would be perfectly safe if it were
designed originally to be operated as he described the jury-rigged
operation -- after all, all it takes is the operator not failing...

Simply for your consideration of the position of safety-related design
and equipment in the equation...