Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default mystery insect invasion

On 8 Jun 2007 02:20:21 -0700, Chris wrote:

On Jun 6, 1:25 pm, mm wrote:
On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 22:53:26 -0700, Chris
wrote:

I have been getting these mysterious bugs around my house and inside
as well this time of year.

They are brownish, two antennae, very small.. I wish I could take a
picture of them, but they are too small.. and, I can't find any

You could at least say where you live. That would help.

sorry.. baltimore MD..

I'm in Baltimore too. A few days ago I was at a friend's in
Randallstown and he showed me a few chiggers on his basement door,
below grade. I had never known what they were called before, and
hadn't seen any recently.

And it was a story on the news a week ago about a school somewhere
around here that exterminated twice and then sent the kids home last
Tuesday because of loads of chiggers. So you might have chiiggers.

A few days ago they were all hanging in a giant group crawling around
my white mailbox. I sprayed Raid on top the mail box and they
instantly died.. It rained last night, and they are back..

Man.. I got these.. chiggers.. ants.. all having a party here.. but
not so much inside.. if I leave a window open, I will see a few of the
book lice scurrying around on the sill..

Would the pesticide that is used to control ants take care of these as
well? the termite guy said he has an ant treatment that also kills
many other bugs as well.. I used Spectracide Terminate spray
yesterday, but they will just return a few hours later..