Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom B Tom B is offline

Default Bandsaw and resawing

Donna:

A search on Amazon.com for Mirka (sorry about the misspelling in my
earlier) will give you a bunch of results. I've used it with success.
It seems to load up less than Norton on some woods (Cherry, Ipe) and
the backing is, IMO, a bit stronger. In any case, even with shipping,
it's a bit cheaper than Norton at the Borgs.

Regards.

Tom- I've never heard of the Mirka Gold. If I run across them I'll
give them a try. I've used Norton papers for 30 years or more and they
outperform anything else I've ever tried. Of course, I like their
pretty colors too- being female and all. . .lol. Donna