Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Is A SawStop Table Saw Worth the Money

Leon wrote:
"Brian Henderson" wrote in message
On Fri, 8 Jun 2007 04:31:26 -0500, "Upscale"

...I haven't gotten hurt isn't because I've got the
safety-equipment-from-hell, it's because I know how to work safely.

...far too many people who rely on technology to keep them safe...

Brian I guess what makes your comments seem so naive and scream
"inexperienced" is that you keep fabricating instances that have not
occurred in these threads. No one in this thread that I recall has made
the comment that they are going to rely on technology to keep them safe.

Like most people know, looking down the barrel of a loaded gun is not going
to save your butt if you pull the trigger and the safety is not engaged and
whether the safety is engaged or not it is a dangerous move. ...

The reason that you have not had an accident yet is because the safety
techniques that you practice have not yet been compromised by the mistakes
that you make. ...

I fully agree, Leon. As another sidebar of this thread has discussed,
some of us here have served on safety review committees doing accident
analyses and root-cause evaluations. It is truly to be amazed by at how
many of these have as at least one cause either willful disregard for
accepted procedure(s) or actual disabling of one or more safety devices
thus allowing or precipitating the injury.