Posted to rec.woodworking
Unquestionably Confused Unquestionably Confused is offline

Default New Shop Wiring?

Mike Fields, wrote the following at or about 6/8/2007 8:44 AM:
One thing I did in my shop was to put the outlets in the walls
up 4-1/2 feet. The electrical inspector said that while it was
legal, he was curious why they were that high. I explained that
I could lean 4 * 8 sheets against the walls and still get to the
outlets ... he replied "hey good idea -- I'm going to do that in
my shop!". Something to think about.

Hey, great minds think alike.g

To be honest, I never really gave it any conscious thought that I can
recall. I just seemed to me at the time, for a workshop, the ONLY place
to spot the outlets was mid-wall, where they would be easily accessible
over a workbench, stationary tool up against the wall, etc. Your logic
is just one more in a loooooong list of reasons to do it that way.

OTOH, out in the garage area - all the same construction project - I
mixed it up with the majority of the outlets being a foot off the floor
and the remainder at mid-wall.