Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default A water meter fiddle?

"Julian" wrote in message

Your "2 cistern" proposal would break the law by deliberately
contriving to cause
the meter to read incorrectly:

Now that I am aware that I (aided and abetted by a friend's horse) have
pinched water IAW the following:

(2) No water fitting shall be installed, connected, arranged or used
in such a manner that it causes or is likely to cause-

(i) waste, misuse, undue consumption or contamination of water
supplied by a water undertaker; or

(ii) the erroneous measurement of water supplied by a water
undertaker.

I wonder what you suggest I should do. We actually have about 5 troughs on
the property and they all are only likely to ever fill at a slow rate due
to horse's drinking habits. If you wish to draft a letter of enquiry for
me I'll gladly forward it to United Ut's.

The difference is you can't demonstrate intent with what you've got at the
moment - mostly because there wasn't any. If you have a 2-cistern solution
for no apparent reason other than to ensure you get water as slow as
possible, that shows intent.

cheers,
clive