Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Mini ('camping') satellite systems -- smaller dishes okay?

On 2007-06-08 15:45:48 +0100, David Hansen
said:

On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 14:22:02 +0100 (BST) someone who may be "Dave
Liquorice" wrote this:-

But the vast majority see satellite TV as Sky only and subscription. Not
simply as another means of receiving television (and radio) broadcasts,
with equipment you can buy and install yourself.

That is precisely the point. Many people are simply unaware of the
DIY option, even though for a relatively low price and a very
slightly more complicated installation those with freeview problems
can get some (and eventually all I presume) of the channels a
different way. On the mainland this is what people do and I don't
see why it should be any different in the UK.

As for Rupert Murdoch charging twenty pounds for a card to watch
free channels; that's nice business if you can get it, but
eventually people will learn that it is a rip-off.

So who should pay for the supply and administration of this and the use
of the satellite capacity?