Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Is A SawStop Table Saw Worth the Money

"Upscale" wrote in message

However, that hasn't stopped me from seriously considering one. I've
examined the Sawtop closely in person and inquired about the possibilility
of cutting down the Sawstop cabinet to lower the table. But, the
additional
mechanical components needed for the safety features in the Sawstop make
it
impossible to lower the table. Other makes of cabinet tablesaws however,
can
be lowered without extensive mechanical modification and that *is*
something
that I'm actively pursuing.

I do not know yore arrangement but rather than modify a saw to be lower,
could you modify or build up the floor around the saw? If you have a
wooden floor could you cut a hole in it and install a lower surface to set
the saw into? Or perhaps build up the floor around equipment that is or is
marginally too tall?

Just a thought.