Posted to cam.misc,uk.d-i-y
Terry W. Terry W. is offline

Default More government stupidity.

The Natural Philosopher wrote in news:1181305731.27793.0
@proxy00.news.clara.net:

I recieve a notice to relicense my car.

Its off road and has been for two years. So its a zero cost SORN..

I try the website:-

"Sorry, we don't have a record of that reference number"

I phone up
"Sorry, that reference number is not recognised"

And..as an afterthought they helpfully add.."V11 references are only
valid from the 15th day of the month preceding the expiry of the

current
tax disc"

So, they send out a reminder at the beginning of the month, but

disallow
its use for a fortnight?

I assume its just another job creation scheme, to ensure that they need
extra staff to process it around the month end.

Fer *** sake, if I can't use the thing, why send it in the first place?

It is patently obvious, to me at any rate, that it would be nigh
impossible to send out every reminder in the 10 days before the retaxing
is due.

And it does say that you can only tax the car from the 15th. !

Terry W.