Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Chris is offline

Default mystery insect invasion

On Jun 6, 1:25 pm, mm wrote:
On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 22:53:26 -0700, Chris
wrote:

I have been getting these mysterious bugs around my house and inside
as well this time of year.

They are brownish, two antennae, very small.. I wish I could take a
picture of them, but they are too small.. and, I can't find any

You could at least say where you live. That would help.

picture of them anywhere.. at first glance you think they are tiny
ants, but they aren't- they are single bodied, with no intention in
the center of their body. I thought they were temites of some kind,
but the termite guy, during my annual inspection, said they weren't..
My neighbor had a look and said they are some type of mite. I have
seen these insects at my girlfriends when she had a pipe leak and
these little bugs were hanging out around the moist dampness.

I DO see these little buggers hanging around where there are ants. Are
they nymphs or some kind?

They are all hanging around one side of my house, where the driveway
is.

Will household pesticide take care of these, or should the temite guy
come back and spray for ants?- Hide quoted text -

sorry.. baltimore MD..

A few days ago they were all hanging in a giant group crawling around
my white mailbox. I sprayed Raid on top the mail box and they
instantly died.. It rained last night, and they are back..

Man.. I got these.. chiggers.. ants.. all having a party here.. but
not so much inside.. if I leave a window open, I will see a few of the
book lice scurrying around on the sill..

Would the pesticide that is used to control ants take care of these as
well? the termite guy said he has an ant treatment that also kills
many other bugs as well.. I used Spectracide Terminate spray
yesterday, but they will just return a few hours later..