Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default go kart engine trouble

On 7 Jun 2007 04:12:47 GMT, Jim Yanik wrote:

(my personal experience with MY mini-bike;it "shut off" by pushing a
grounding clip against the spark plug,and I reached under the seat to do it
without actually LOOKING at what I was doing,made contact with the tip of
the spark plug instead of the clip,and ZAP,I raised up like someone set
off a firecracker under my butt.It HURT,and I was shaky for a minute or
two.I imagine that is what being zapped with a TASER feels like.)

Testing a small engine/old auto points condenser was fun. Think that
it's bad? Pull a plug wire from your car engine and slightly
attached the condenser to the plug and wire. Do not let it ground.
Crank the engine, run a moment and turn off. Remove condenser, holding
the wire and toss it to a friend...hey catch!. If you like; just cup
the condenser in your hand. It BITES! :-)

--
Oren

"I didn’t say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you."