Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default Heat for small shop

Thu, Jun 7, 2007, 2:01pm (THOMAS*CLEVELAND) doth
claimeth:
Hello
****I'm building a new but small shop, it will be 8' X 10' how
ever living in the north east it will get cold up here, it will be
insulated, tyvec wrapped and sided, have ac for the summer, but need
heat for the winter, I saw and like the "Hot Dog" heaters that hang from
the ceiling and run on propane, any input will be gladly welcomed.

You're building it, eh? I wonder then if you realize just how
small a 8'X10' shop is going to be, especially after you start putting
tools and all in. Unless yoo maybe don[t plan on doing woodworking -
you didnt say. My shop is 8'X12' only because that was all I had money
to spare for at the time, a choice of something, or nothing. It's
uninsulated, but even so, a small electric heater, with a fan, warms it
up nicely. I tried one of those electric oil-filled radiator type
heaters; worked well enough, but took quite a bit longer than I cared
for to get the heat up. If I'd been willing to turn it on, then go back
out a 2-3 hours later it should hve served well, but I prefer something
a bit faster. The little electric ceramic type heater I have out there
now serves well enough.

I'd like to know what you plan on doing in such a small shop. That
is if you ever come back, so many seem to ask a question, then never
show up again.

JOAT
If a man does his best, what else is there?
- General George S. Patton