Posted to rec.woodworking
EXT EXT is offline

Default "Zero Clearance" GRR-Ripper

"Leon" wrote in message
et...

"Chip Buchholtz" wrote in message

I saw the GRR-Ripper and thought it was a good idea, and then I saw
the price and thought I'd make my own.

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?O...Select=Details

Instead of an adjustable "leg", I figured I'd just take a block of
wood that was thicker than my blade's maximum height, maybe put a
handle on top, and glue an old mouse pad to the bottom. Instead of
adjusting the middle leg to avoid the blade, just let the blade cut
its own channel through the mouse pad and wood block.

I'm a little concerned that the rubber mouse pad my gunk up the blade,
and that the cloth cover of the mouse pad might shred and cause
problems.

Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing?

Thanks,

--- Chip

Unless you mouse pad is gooey sticky it should not bother your blade.

But the blade may grab the cloth and pull or throw the insert.