Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] athome1971@gmail.com is offline

Default High electricity usage in office!

Just rented this office space 2 months ago. It is a new business so I
don't really have much here that draws electricity yet. I have a PC/
modem/router, mini 1.7 Cu. Ft fridge, and 3 40W fluorescent lights.
The pc is on for 6 hours, 4 days a week. The fridge is obliviously on
24/7. the lights are hardly use. Did not use the heat but it is gas
anyway, the AC is still off, no need for it yet.

My March bill stated that I used 700KWH, April was 710KWH and May was
again, 708KWH. This is more than what I am using in my house! I called
the electric company and they said they'll send some one to read the
meter and I should call back in few days. I called back and they said
everything looks OK and nothing more is to be done. They were terrible
on the phone, extremely rude and they basically said, go F yourself.

I bought a kill-a-watt and according to it; the fridge is using 22KWH/
month, the PC is using 1.4KWH in the 6 hours it is on daily. That adds
up to about 42KWH assuming 30 days usage. The light are hardly used
but I'll give it another 20KWH.

All this adds up to 84KWH and I am paying for 700KWH. What is going
on? The electricity company is no mood of helping and the last time I
talked to a supervisor he told me, "if you don't like our service you
can go somewhere else"!!

I talked to the landlord and I told him if this is not taken care of
soon, I am moving out! is there something I am missing here? What
would you do? TIA and hope someone has some pointers.

BTW, I am in Toledo, OH and my "****ty" electric is Toledo Edison.