Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
cyrille de Brebisson cyrille de Brebisson is offline

Default Harbor Freight Lathe

hello,

the first (cheap one) is in my opinion too flexible and vibrates too much,

the 2nd one ("expensive":$200 on sale) is great for the price and a good
deal if you want to get into larger turning without the high cost of
entry...

regards, cyrille

"Neillarson" wrote in message
oups.com...
Any experience with either of these lathes?

14'' x 40'' LATHE WITH 6'' SANDER

or

12'' x 33-3/8'' WOOD LATHE WITH REVERSIBLE HEAD?

I have a jet mini that I use for my pens and small bowls, goblets,
etc. But, i have a need once in awhile to do 30 to 32 inch spindles.
These are cheap, but if they are of decent quality, maybe worth the
price.

Thanks

Neil Larson