Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default Choice of pumped electric shower - Mira or Triton?

In article , Roger
Moss "rwm2 [at] rwmoss.gotadsl.co.uk"@?.? writes
I am getting a pumped electric shower for a gravity-fed system. The
reviews I've seen for the Mira Elite 2 and Triton T80Si pumped/T90si
tend to say they are terribly noisy.

Does anyone have any experience with these?

Just back from a short hol where they had a Mira pumped shower with a
separate pump, performance was excellent and whisper quiet due to the
well muffled remote pump. It's a layout I would heartily recommend but the
shower rail fittings were flimsy and had bust in the high traffic environment.
I think it was a Mira Excel which is thermostatic, the Mira Gem 88 looks to
have a beefier rail setup. No idea which pump was fitted but knowing the
people that rent the place out I reckon they'd have gone Mira throughout so
prob their PPT3 pump? Unpumped head was about 5 feet. Shower came
with both regular and water saving Eco spray inserts.
--
fred
Plusnet - I hope you like vanilla