Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Roger is offline

Default A water meter fiddle?

The message
from "George" contains these words:

My water rates used to be £25.70 a month,the bill stated what I was paying
for...even the rain that came down the gutter.

My water bill for the current year (based on rateable value) works out
at £16 per month.

I then got a meter in and reduced the bill by less than half of previous
unmetered bill it would seem those on umetered water pay for
sewerage,sanitation,piping ect.
And when you go on a meter you only pay for what you use.

Work that one out!

Easily.

You are nowhere in England or

you are not connected to main drainage or

you are wrong in your assumption above.

Being connected to mains drainage and not paying a sewerage charge in
England would mean that you were defrauding the water company.

--
Roger Chapman