Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Tek 2246 scope, need transistor

wrote in
oups.com:

On Jun 6, 6:59 pm, Jim Yanik wrote:
todd wrote
groups.com:

Hello: Upon removing the case from my 2246 scope, the case snagged
on the heat sink of one of the transistors in the "VO Gain" section
of the main PC board (not the processor board), breaking the leads
of this transistor. The transistor is a round metallic 3-lead
transistor labelled " Motorola logo, 0846, 8641". It is one of a
pair and has a slip-on metallic heat sink attached. I have been
unable to identify or cross-reference this transistor, and would
appreciate any help in identifying (and hopefully obtaining)
another pair of transistors. Thank you in advance
Todd K4RR

All I could find online was the US military PN for that part;
6625-01-275- 4766

The TEK PN is;151-0846-00
8641 is the mfg.date code.(your scope was probably built in 1986-87.)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Here is a site advertising TEK spares (including Hard to find). This
may help you further.

http://www.sphere.bc.ca/

Regards,

Ravi.

I already checked it,no luck.
I suspect IF you could reach a TEK service person,you could get a cross
reference for it.They have all that data on the company intranet.I wish I
could have retained my access to it!

Best chances of success would be the DC field office.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik