Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] dom@gglz.com is offline

Default A water meter fiddle?

LOL - I think not. On that basis, we would all be returning the
elctricity we had borrowed when the current flowed back on the neutral
wire.

You appear to be adopting the "water analogy" for electricity.

There may be something to this analogy for DC, where "tired"
electrons are refreshed at the dynamo, though the electrons move
very slowly. In AC the electrons are simply waggled backwards and
forwards over a very small distance.

OK - rms current returning on the neutral wire.

If we were counting electrons in a dc set-up, they'd be moving from
negative to positive anyway.

Whichever way, the lawmakers have it sufficently well sewn up that you
can't "borrow" electrcity from your supplier (although exploiting the
electric field from overhead powerlines might be ok).