Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy McKenzie Andy McKenzie is offline

Default A water meter fiddle?

"LSR" wrote in message
TheOldFellow wrote:
On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 03:26:47 -0700
adder1969 wrote:

So, what if I fitted two ball cocks to the DHW header tank? One
half way down the tank to work normally and one at the top with a
stop valve upstream throttled to allow a drip feed only. With
this working 24/7 I should get 'free' water maybe?

I'm not from Yorkshire BTW, I just like the idea of getting
something for nothing!

Julian.

No, you're a thief.

It's not theft.

Care to explain that? He doesn't own it, the water company does. He
steals it, it's theft. QED.

R.

If the water goes back into the sewer system (eventually) he's only
borrowed it. He's not "permanently deprived the owner with intent", so
it's not theft.
--
LSR

So if I nick your car it will be OK if I give it back a few years later?

Andy