Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Dobony Mike Dobony is offline

Default How to remove roofing nails from below?

"Clark" wrote in message
wrote in
oups.com:

On Jun 6, 2:20 pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article .com,
wrote:
Is there a tool that
would allow me to "snip" off the end of the nails and screws in a
tight space?

It's called an "end cut pliers"
e.g.
http://www.homaktools.com/062endcutpliers.htm

I just got an end cut plier and it seems to be able to cut off nail
ends but not the screw ends. I think part of the reason is the tight
space and I am on a ladder and hence not able to really leverage too
much force to really clamp down.

I wonder if a Dremel with a grinding disc would work or not. I saw a
show they saw off a galvanized pipe with that - but that's a show and
I don't know if it really works or not.

The Dremel cut-off disks are very fragile. Any side load at all will
shatter
the disk. You might make a few cuts but will spend more time putting on
new
disks than actually cutting...

I use the heavy duty discs and have no problem. They last a long time if
you use good technique.