Posted to alt.home.repair
jackson jackson is offline

Default slow draining shower

"news" wrote in message
Just take a metal coat hanger, straighten it out, and bend about a half
inch to about 60 degrees. Then take the cover off the drain and stick the
coat hanger down their and pull up all the hair.

Just a note that if you take the drain cover off you might need a bit of
plumbers putty when replacing the cover.

"alath" wrote in message
oups.com...
Moved in to new house. The shower drains very slowly. This is a tiled
shower stall, not a tub.
I tried using liquid plumber; no luck.
I can do a fair number of home repair projects, but have done very
little with plumbing and drains. Do I want to try to rent a snake and
mess with this myself? Or just call a plumber?
If I do it myself, tips hints and instructions would be appreciated.