Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Is A SawStop Table Saw Worth the Money

Brian Henderson wrote:

Woodworking is an inherently dangerous hobby. You will get cut. You
will smash your fingers with a hammer. You will get splinters. Most
of these things are pretty unavoidable.

At least one of the woodworking magazines has added that mantra to their
inside cover page, apparently in response to the legal beagles and in
the interest of political correctness. I tend to disagree not in
principle but in level of it being an "ordinary" level of danger
associated w/ the activity and not worthy of mention per se.

the list of accidents, other than the splinter, I can't recall the
last time one of the others has happened to me. Not that I'm somehow
magic, but I do tend to be careful. Having hit myself w/ hammers in the
past has taught me not to do that any longer.. I have a very strong
aversion to _ever_ cutting myself again severely, and for that reason
have very serious evaluations of how I try to carve/cut on stuff...I'm
not a professional carver, though...