Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fridge freezer door seal repair advice please

In article . com,
writes:

I am trying to extend the life of our dated (possibly 1980s, it has
chrome trimmed, brown inner circular recessed door handles) Hotpoint
Iced Diamond fridge freezer.

The seals are damaged so I was going to fit some more modern ones I
acquired at our local tip however they are a different size so will
need cutting down and gluing.

Otherwise does anyone know of a source for such items. I cannot find
the model number on the unit itself.

The case is 20.75" wide by 55.5" tall by 20" deep if that helps with
model identification.

Model number is normally on a label on the back. You won't
get very far without that. I just measured a 20 year old
Iced Diamond fridge and it's a few inches different from
yours. When new, the model number is also in the middle of
that circular handle, but that rubs off.

Hotpoint is now owned by Merloni Brothers, whose main
trading name is Indesit. Searching for spares from their
website ends up at:
http://www.4hotpoint.co.uk/cgi-bin/c...?section=52514

CPC may also have them, but you have to phone them as most of
their white goods spares are not in their catalogue or online.

--
Andrew Gabriel