Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Gary Tait Gary Tait is offline

Default Kchibo KK-C55 radio - AM tuning steps wrong

JazzyJeff wrote in news:1180750519.198279.169310
@h2g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

I purchased this radio at Sharper Image some time ago. It's great for
FM and shortwave reception, but AM (aka MW) reception is kinda' weird
because of the 9 khz tuning steps which are used outside North
America. Even if you key in the correct frequency, the radio rounds up/
down to the next 9 khz step. I looked inside this thing expecting to
find a DIP switch or something like that for getting the AM tuning
steps to the normal 10 khz but I didn't see one. Any hints out there?

Jeff
Louisville, KY

Check for a row of diodes connected to the key scan matrix, jumpers, or
bridgeable/bridged solder pads.