Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Zero clearance table saw insert with replaceable wood strip

"dadiOH" wrote in message

Looks like the manufacturer is packing it in. Wish I'd bought one
when Grizzly was selling them for around $60.

Personally, I plan to make my own...
1. Make a regular zero clearance insert from mel board
2. rout a 1/8" +- deep groove of appropriate width with a dovetail bit
3. rip out strips of tempered masonite to fit groove

I'd rather have a nice aluminum insert but what the hey...

At $60, that is why they are packing it in. For that kind of money I can
make at least 120 of them from MDF. It would be a nice item if it sold
for $15 to $20 maybe. Making the inserts was just another opportunity to
do woodworking, IMO. I still have a half dozen from when I made the first
batch.

OTOH, you can buy the business for $70,000 and give yourself a discount on
the ones for home use.