DoN. Nichols

Default Calculator

In article ,
Grant Erwin wrote:
jim rozen wrote:
In article , Grant Erwin says...

[ ... ]

The HP-1XC models, on the other hand, although slow
and battery-hungry by today's standards,

[ ... ]

Say what? I think the batteries in my 15C are about
10 years old at the moment. Are more modern calculators
even *better*?

Yup, they're old NMOS technology, whereas today's are CMOS. Also, today's
voltages are much much lower. - GWE

Hmm ... I *think* that the 'C' in the model number indicates
that it is one of the early ones based on CMOS technology, instead of
the NMOS used in the earlier ones -- 35, 45, 55, 65, 67, etc. I believe
that there was a 25C as well, a smaller version of the form factor of
the 35 et all, but with CMOS technology.

Those earlier ones *were* battery hungry. The 15C lasts a very
long time, except when a piece of heavy equipment holds some buttons
depressed for a month or two. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564