Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony Bravia LCD TV S-Video colour balance problem

On Jun 5, 5:50 pm, Steve wrote:

About troubles with TV & Hotbird... much snipped.

Steve:

Been there (al Khobar (Al Bustan) 2.5 years), done that. Where are
you?

My experience along the lines you are suggesting is that you are
likely feeding the wrong signal to the TV. Unless it is a multi-system
set (NTSC, NTSC2, PAL, PAL2, SECAM) the Hotbird down load might not be
compatible with the front-end on the set. So, either you change the
output to the set, or you go to the *auto-search* setting on the set
itself such that it finds the correct system to match the input. We
brought our Sony "smart-set" WEGA back with us and it has been quite
an interesting transition seeing it with only NTSC (Never The Same
Color) only signals as compared to PAL rF signal or direct signal
from our DVD player (which we also brought back).

But it can be solved unless the set does not have a smart front-end.
Further to this, some Sony models have inputs that are not
identical... example, the dedicated DVD input on the Sony does not
like our US obtained Chinese Philips DVD player, whereas that player
is fine when connected to the AUX 1 position. And it yet works fine
with our Saudi-obtained Panasonic DVD player. And channel numbers in
the US do not register with the channel numbers on the Sony. Sometimes
auto-search put the TV broadcast and/or cable channel as many as 5
numbers different than the US channel.

Hope this helps.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA