Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default Is A SawStop Table Saw Worth the Money

"dpb" wrote in message
that they have entered the market on their own I've begun to mellow a
little, but I still fret over what CPSC may eventually do w/ the
petition...

Nothing at all. It's entirely obvious that *any* company of merit using
tablesaws in its business will be forced by the insurance industry to adopt
the Sawstop or a competing technology. It's already happening. Considering
the litigiousness of American society, it will happen much sooner than
later. There's just too much liability not to do otherwise. We're not so
quick to head into the courts up here in Canada, but it's happening here
too. Ask Robin Lee if he's replaced his fleet of tablesaws with Sawstops
yet. Last Saturday after seminar with Peter Boeckh at the Toronto flagship
store, I spent a few minutes examining the Sawstop in the next room.