Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default A TIP that may save you a lot of grief

"Upscale" wrote in message

"Leon" wrote in message
As I pointed out in my original post about Waxilit - it was developed
to lubricate - and project - cast iron tables for the wood processing
industry.

I understand that Waxilit has no silicone in it which would affect wood
finishing. However, even a wax product can effect the finishing of wood if
it's not removed properly. What do you use to remove any of it that
manages
to find itself on an unfinished wood surface ~ some type of alcohol based
product?

Yes an alcohol based product is recommended. We'll see how that works out.
My main application would be in interior joints where removal of squeeze out
is difficult at best. For me, a wet rag has worked fine for many many
years with no ill effects but that method is still difficult on those
interior corners. I suspect that it may be a 50/50 proposition as to which
looks worse, glue squeeze out or an area not properly covered because of the
left over wax.

Either way, Charlie has indicated that the Waxilit dries to a chalky white
color so it should be relatively easy to insure it's removal visually. I
suspect that very small traces may not be a problem.