Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Andrew is offline

Default LED Illumination of display cabinets.

On 6 Jun, 13:26, "
wrote:

But the OP specifically stated they're run from a 4.5v source so
either they are in parallel (Vf for 3 white LEDs is 4.5V) or
there's a controller chip boosting the voltage. Most white LED
controller chips are, however, designed for parallel operation.

MBQ

I didn't intend to imply that these were in series. I was merely
pointing out that I had also assumed LEDs were always wired in
parallel but had just come across some in my search for recessed stair
lights where the manufacturer explicitly stated that they were in
series. There particular ones being driven by a 350mA constant current
supply.

Andrew