Posted to alt.home.repair
Lar Lar is offline

Default What's the best bug-light?

dean wrote:
I just put in a couple of pale-yellow plastic encased CF bulbs (bug
lights, supposedly) outside on my deck, and there are piles of bugs
flying all around them. Not as bad as a daylight bulb, but still,
they're crap. Are there any that really work?

Thanks!

Dean

Every few years in the Fall the crickets will accumulate by the
billions... local strip malls and shopping centers are picking them up
with snow shovels. There is a night and day difference in the numbers of
crickets in the parking lots with sodium based lighting (has a yellowish
hue) over the mercury vapor lights.

Lar