Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Installing ceiling fan with 10" joists

On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 04:36:36 -0700, wrote:

On Jun 4, 11:00 pm, "badgolferman"
wrote:
If you were able to measure the ten inches between joists then I assume
you have access to the spot from the attic. If so then cutting a piece
of 2X4 to the exact size and drilling a hole through it where you want
the electrical box to be attached is the best way to go.

The space above the hole is finished, so I don't have access to the
joists. I just measured the space using the hole (measure from one
side of hole to one joist, repeat for the other side and add the two
measurements).

We didn't plan on your using addition. It sounds Communist to me.

A friend has a chop saw with a metal cutting blade. I'm going to cut
the brace as suggested by others.

Thanks.